With 2022 right around the corner, you’re probably putting together and finalizing your New Year’s Eve festivities. Event planner, JoAnn Moore is a certified green wedding planner and was featured in Martha Stewart’s latest article “How to Make Your New Year’s Eve Festivities More Eco-Friendly”. In the article she discusses her “4R” method – recycle, reuse, refurbish, and reimagine and also provides tips on how to go about making everything from your invitations to your activities sustainable and eco-friendly!
Here are some of Moore’s eco-friendly tips:
- Invitations: Opt for eco-conscious companies like Paper Culture or use paperless invitations from Green Envelope or Minted.
- Dinnerware: Rent dishes and glassware, or use compostable and biodegradable options to reduce plastic waste.
- Activities: Encourage guests to bring their own props for photo booths and consider digital options instead of instant photos.
- Decorations: Shop at thrift stores for cost-effective and eco-friendly décor, and choose recyclable decorations over plastic ones.
- Food and Drinks: Embrace organic options for less pollution during production and consider a BYOOB (Bring Your Own Organic Booze) or BYOOD (Bring Your Own Organic Dish) approach.
- Party Favors: Select eco-friendly companies like Savannah Bee or the Arbor Day Foundation for party favors and use reusable bags.
By following these practices, you can celebrate the new year while prioritizing environmental sustainability. You can read the full article here.